IMAGES OF THE KING™
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ETA CONTEST
In 1987 the King’s veterinarian Edward “Doc” Franklin made the modern ETA
community a reality when he established the event known as IMAGES. The event, which includes an internationally recognized ETA contest and showcases, has crowned thirty-two World Champions who have gone on to be recognized as the top ETAs performing today. As part of our goal to return Images of the King to its former glory, we have developed the following pledge in order to outline our intent:
THE IMAGES OF THE KING PLEDGE
- We pledge to always put the fans first, it’s because of them that we do what we do.
- We pledge to treat the performers, be they headliners or contestants, with respect and dignity.
- We pledge that our contests will always be fair and that our judges will be as professional, knowledgeable and as prepared as possible.
- We pledge that we will treat anyone producing an Images of the KingTM preliminary, our Sponsors and
Patrons, as partners.
- We pledge to treat our champions as champions, promote them and help them advance their careers.
- We pledge to #BringBackTheKing. Celebrating his life, legacy and music is the reason we have these events in the first place.
Dear Tribute Artists:
We hope this letter finds you happy and healthy and that the new year brings you both personal happiness and the professional joy of performing live on stage! While we honestly have no idea what the conditions are going to be next summer, we are extremely hopeful that we will all be able to gather again in Memphis for Elvis Week and the Images of the King™ World Championship ETA Contest in August!
Before EPE’s foray into the ETA industry and ETA contests, way back in 1987, Elvis’ veterinarian Edward “Doc” Franklin made the modern ETA community a reality when he established the event known as IMAGES. The event, which includes an internationally recognized ETA contest and showcases, has crowned thirty-four World Champions who have gone on to be recognized as the top ETAs performing today. This year’s Images of the King™ World Championship Contest & Showcase will take place at the world famous Hernando’s Hideaway August 11-15, with the contest taking place August 12-15.
In addition to our annual Images of the King™ Contest, this year we are proud to introduce a new event we are calling The “Big – Little King” Contest™. Through this event we hope to identify, promote, nurture and support the youngest of the ETAs (16 and under) and give them an opportunity to showcase their talent and passion for the King.
The Images of the King™ World Championship Contest will consist of two days of Preliminaries, a Semi-Final Round, and the Finals (see the schedule for details). Registration is open to any ETAs who can compete in two divisions, Professional and Nonprofessional. ETAs that are “pre-qualified,” which include winners of sanctioned Images Preliminaries as well as anyone competing in this year’s UETAC will be able to skip the preliminary round and won’t compete until the Ultimate is over (causing no conflict with your UETAC responsibilities). “Pre-qualified” ETAs must still submit a registration form and requested materials. Prize money for this year’s contest will be as follows:
In addition to the prize money, the World Champion will receive a performance contract worth up to $4,500 as well as marketing and promotion support for their Championship year.
The “Big – Little King” Contest™ will take place during the four rounds of Images.
Because we recognize what a difficult struggle everyone in the entertainment industry has had over the past year, we are happy to REDUCE THE REGISTRATION FEE for both Images of the King™ and the “Big – Little King” Contest™ to just $75. Please complete the attached registration form and submit any requested information in order to participate.
We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends in Memphis once again this year!
Jason L Sherry
For ETAs interested in participating:
- For detailed rules & guidelines, click here.
- For our 2023 registration form, click here.
- Contact Terry Collins via email by clicking here with any questions or to submit your registration form.